Detroit Girl Gets 2nd Degree Burns Doing Nail Polish Remover Challenge On Live
A video is currently going viral on social media, in the clip, a 16-year-old Detroit girl suffered second-degree burns to her back and buttocks, after trying to participate in the new “nail polish remover challenge” on social media.
Participants of the nail polish challenge have been posting videos of themselves pouring nail polish remover on their bodies, and then lighting themselves on fire.
In most cases, the fire quickly burns out, before damage is done to the underlying skin. But in the case of the Detroit girl, whose name is being withheld because he’s a minor, she poured a little too much of the flammable liquid on herself.
In the circulating video, the girl’s entire backside burst into flames, and her friends had to beat the fire off of her.
The teen was taken to the hospital immediately and diagnosed with second-degree burns. She is expected to recover fully from the injuries. But she’s likely to have lifelong scars as a result.
Watch the viral video below :